As noted, WWE Hall of Famer Booker T announced earlier this week that he was no longer appearing at the Starrcast III convention next month, after previously being advertised. The convention is being held in conjunction with the AEW All Out pay-per-view.
F4Wonline.com then reported that Booker had backed out of appearing at All Out, indicating a likely deal between Booker and AEW. The report noted that when canceling the appearance, Booker reportedly said he had found out how real the WWE vs. AEW war really was, and he didn’t want to get in the middle of it.
Booker, who continues to work WWE pay-per-view panels and is likely signed to a Legends deal, took to Twitter today and said he will be addressing the reports this weekend, likely on his ESPN Radio show.
“I will be setting the record straight within the next 24 hours regarding the story going around about me “pulling out” of @StarrcastEvents,” Booker wrote.
Stay tuned for an update on his comments. You can see his tweet below:
I will be setting the record straight within the next 24 hours regarding the story going around about me “pulling out” of @StarrcastEvents.
— Booker T. Huffman (@BookerT5x) July 5, 2019