On the latest episode of “Something To Wrestle” Bruce Prichard discussed the WWE’s decision to reveal Chris Jericho’s signing prior to his WCW contract expiring. According to Prichard, the reasoning behind doing so was that the WWE wanted to beat the dirt sheets to the punch. Here’s what he had to say:
It was more of an experiment of sharing information and the instant gratification with information that was going on at the time with that thing called the internet. So, a lot of it was new. WWF.com was new, and there was thought of, ‘Look, the other dirt sheets will probably have it out there. Why not beat them to the punch and have our website, have that be the main source of information for our audience, instead of going out and finding it elsewhere. So it runs at a happy medium of, ‘It’s gonna get released anyway, we might as well release it ourselves.
You can listen to the podcast below:
Credit: Something To Wrestle. H/T 411Mania.
- WWE SmackDown Results 1/24/2020
- Seth Rollins Explains Deleted Social Media Post After Fans Accuse Him of Supporting the KKK
- The Brian Kendrick Makes Interesting WWE History This Week
- The Fiend Signs Strap Match Contract In His Own Blood, Michelle McCool and Others Celebrating
- NWA Hard Times Results 1/24/20