On a recent episode of “Busted Open Radio”, Bubba Ray Dudley cited Shawn Spears as a prime example of AEW being able to create new stars. Here’s what he had to say:
One chair shot and all of a sudden Shawn Spears is on the tip of our tongues. What do I always say is the most important? The follow-up. What was the follow-up with Spears? It was [the sit-down interview with [Jim Ross]. Tully was the icing on the cake. The physicality with the chair shot got everyone talking about Spears.
That my friend is called the rub. He got the rub of being in the ring with Cody, and he’s the Dusty of AEW. He got the rub from J.R. since sitting down with him on a one-on-one interview is prestigious. If J.R. is giving you that time and he laid out a lot, he didn’t challenge Shawn Spears, he took him at face value. Then at the end, just when you thought it was over, Tully freakin’ Blanchard. How do you not look at Shawn Spears as a star right now?
You can listen to the podcast below:
Getting the younger talent over will be a big 🔑 to @AEWrestling success this October when they debut on @AEWonTNT @bullyray5150 & @davidlagreca1 say @Perfec10n booking on the road to #AEWAllOut is the right way to do just that. pic.twitter.com/cvCg6PGdKK
— SiriusXM Busted Open (@BustedOpenRadio) July 25, 2019
Credit: Busted Open Radio. H/T Wrestlezone.
- WWE Confirms Wellness Policy Violations
- Conflicting Report About More Releases Coming, Update on Oney Lorcan and Luke Harper
- Sting On Why He Hated TNA's Six Sided Ring, A.J. Styles Responds
- Chris Jericho On When He First Felt Like He Was Losing Creative Freedom In WWE
- WWE Suspends Robert Roode and Primo Colon For Violating Wellness Policy