AEW Executive Vice President Cody Rhodes has fans speculating on Twitter this week over a tweet he made that has since been deleted.
Cody tweeted the ‘Welcome to Pettyville’ GIF and wrote, “Sounds like I’ll be going to court soon, time to go suit shopping”
There’s no word yet on what Cody was referring to with the deleted tweet, but there’s speculation on the tweet being related to the upcoming “Bash at the Beach” edition of AEW Dynamite that will be taped on the “Rock & Rager” cruise put on by AEW World Champion Chris Jericho.
WWE owned the “Bash at the Beach” name in the past but Cody was able to file for the trademark earlier this year. AEW President & CEO Tony Khan talked to Wrestling Inc. earlier this week and commented on the trademark.
“Cody went on a trademark binge one night and he texted me, ‘Conrad and I were up all night trademarking stuff.’ One of the things that came out of it was Bash at the Beach. So, when he said that we thought of a way to use it… and the unique idea was to go to Miami in January,” said Khan. “We’ll be doing a two-part Bash of the Beach on Dynamite… that special will also include the matches from Chris Jericho’s cruise that week.”
Stay tuned for updates.
- WWE TLC PPV Results 12/15/19
- Bray Wyatt Issues Warning on The Fiend After WWE TLC, Reacts to Daniel Bryan's Return, Props for The Miz
- WWE TLC Live Coverage Reminder and Current Card for Tonight
- Card Changes to TLC’s Planned Matches
- Ryback Talks John Morrison's WWE Return, Says He Would Have Been A Good Fit In AEW, Shouldn't Go Through NXT