During his media scrum at Starrcast, Dean Malenko discussed the origin of his “ladies man” gimmick and more. Here are the highlights:
On How His “Ladies Man” Gimmick Came To Be:
I don’t know how it came to be, I think it was just a joke that kept on running. It was fun for me though because it was something that allowed me to step out of my character. With that stuff, we had a blast, and it was Matt and Jeff. Something different that I hadn’t done before, so I took it as a challenge and made it the best I could have been.
On His Excitement Towards AEW’s Shift To Sports Based Wrestling:
Well, I think it’s closer to what I do and what I’m known for. I love challenges to put in front of me and that feels like a fresh start after so many years, being 59 years old. It gives me the opportunity to work with a whole new crew of guys who are really hungry to make a name for themselves and be a part of history.
You can listen to the interview below:
Credit: Starrcast. H/T Wrestlezone.
- Rumors on Matt Hardy Working the WWE NXT Brand In the Near Future
- WWE Confirms The Undertaker In Saudi Arabia, Photo of Taker with AJ Styles
- WWE NXT Results 2/26/2020
- AEW Dynamite Results 2/26/2020
- Photos of Bayley and Naomi Covered Up In Saudi Arabia, WWE Looks at the Tuwaiq Mountain Range and Thursday’s Gauntlet Match