On the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Live, host Bryan Alvarez revealed some interesting details regarding the latest taping cycle of NXT at Full Sail University leading into tonight’s Takeover event in Toronto. Reports are that when the June Takeover got moved around (most likely due to the WWE Saudi Arabia show), the schedule for the ensuing tapings changed as well, and since Full Sail wasn’t available for NXT at the time, six weeks worth of tapings had to take place in a span of two days. In that time the Street Profits were not expected to get called up, and the original plan was for Kairi Sane to battle Io Shirai, and Bianca Belair to face Shayna Baszler.
This explains why this past week’s go-home edition of NXT only featured one match, and was mainly compiled of video packages hyping Saturday’s event.
- WWE Monday Night RAW Results 2/17/2020
- Arena Reportedly Won’t Work with AEW Due to WWE
- Former WWE Star Says WWE Is Taking His Ideas and He’s Not Happy About It
- WWE Announces Women’s Elimination Chamber to Name WrestleMania 36 Opponent for Becky Lynch
- Shelton Benjamin Reveals New WWE Contract, Expresses Frustration