During a recent interview with Pancakes and Powerslams, Eric Bischoff talked about the wrestlers he was most interested in during his brief tenure with the WWE, and why he thinks the WWE has realized that they can no longer rely on legends. Here are the highlights:
On Which Wrestlers He Was Interested In:
There were certain talents like Chad Gable, I really dug him as a person and professional. I love Randy Orton’s work, I didn’t get a chance to work with him, but I really admire his work. He’s flawless as a performer and I would have liked to work with him.
On The WWE Not Being Able To Continue To Rely On Legends:
So many of them are so busted up from the years they’ve spent in the ring, that they can’t get involved in any physicality. If you’re on a wrestling show, even if you’re a legend, and you can’t really get involved in any physicality then you’re pretty limited in terms of what you can do. If you’re WWE how you can use them in an entertaining way? They can’t just stand there and wave at the crowd and expect people to get excited about that.
You can listen to the podcast HERE.
Credit: Pancakes & Powerslams. H/T WrestlingInc.
- WWE Monday Night RAW Results 12/9/2019
- Disco Inferno Has A Different Take On The Sami Zayn Fan Incident
- Watch: RAW Quickly Ends Due to Timing Issue, WWE Posts Footage of the Finish
- Conflicting Report About More Releases Coming, Update on Oney Lorcan and Luke Harper
- Batista on Who He's Requested To Be His WWE HOF Inductor, Triple H on Batista's Long List of Accolades, More