On the latest episode of “Grilling JR”, Jim Ross revealed that contrary to popular belief, he thinks Bret Hart would have done very well for himself during the Attitude Era. Here’s what he had to say:
So I think Bret would have thrived in that Attitude Era, Conrad. I really do, man. His promos, he didn’t bulls**t in his promos, it was all believable. And look, anybody that saw WrestleMania 13 and saw Austin and Bret have a match, I’ll kiss your ass in the post office on the third day of the month if you believed that that was not a good match. You gotta be kidding me. That was one of the greatest matches I ever witnessed in my entire life, and we could have gotten more of it in different ways. They could have become allies, and then they could have become adversaries. They could have been partners. There’s a zillion things you could have done with the chemistry of those two guys. You could have found some faction that wanted to eliminate them both to take over the company-type deal. So you give them something to fight against. There’s a ton of storylines that could have happened there. But he would have fit in like a hand in glove, baby.
You can listen to the podcast below:
credit: Grilling JR. H/T 411Mania.
- AEW Dynamite Results 2/19/2020
- Shayna Baszler Responds to Fan Complaint on Expletive Used During Her RAW Promo
- More Former WWE Stars Booked for WrestleMania 36 Week, Possible Reunion?
- WWE NXT Results 2/19/2020
- AEW Keeping Merchandise Out of WrestleCon, Keeping Wrestlers Off Most Shows After Cody’s “Piggybacking” on WWE Comments