On the latest episode of “Grilling JR”, Jim Ross discussed Vince McMahon’s interest in buying the Minnesota Vikings in 1998. Here are the highlights:
On Vince Wanting To Buy The Vikings:
Vince talked to me about that, because he knew — and sometimes begrudgingly — my love for football. I had a great deal with him in the sense that I didn’t have any hobbies. He knew I needed to have time to stick my head above water occasionally. So he would fly me and Jan, if she wanted to go, to the [Oklahoma University] games when we were living in Connecticut. So I would go to the OU games on Vince’s dime, fly first-class, took great care of me. I’m very appreciative of that. So he knew I was a football mark, for lack of a better term, so he talked to me about it. And not to get my blessing, just a general — because he had not kept up with football.
On How Close He Was Do Making It Happen:
I don’t think it ever got past the talking stage. I don’t think it ever got [to] major meetings with the Vikings. He may have had a casual meeting with the investors or something. But I think bottom line is that it was just a talking thing. They were on sale, they were for sale. I don’t know the seriousness of it. Long shot at best, but there was dialogue.
You can listen to the full podcast below:
Credit: Grilling JR. H/T 411Mania.
- AEW Dynamite Results 11/13/19
- WWE NXT Results 11/13/2019
- Jordan Myles Lashes Out In New Video, Says He's Quitting WWE
- MR. TITO STRIKES BACK - CM Punk Signs with FOX to Do WWE Backstage - What about AEW?
- Rusev on Being Happy with Current Lana - Bobby Lashley Storyline, Responds to Corey Graves "Ridiculous" Comments, WWE Fans Complaining