IWGP United States champion Jon Moxley spoke with Nikkan Sports about his future involvement with New Japan Pro Wrestling once his stint in the G1 Climax has concluded. Moxley states that even though he’s contracted to All Elite Wrestling, he could always show up following his participation in this year’s tournament.
(Note: Quotes have been translated through Google.)
Fortunately, there is no problem in fighting in New Japan while belonging to an American organization (AEW). In the future, I can always show up in Japan and play games.
Moxley would go even further, stating that he hopes he can compete at NJPW’s biggest show of the year, WrestleKingdom at the Tokyo Dome. His ideal opponent? Minoru Suzuki.
Naturally, I want to do it at Tokyo Dome. If you win the G1, you can fight at the main of Tokyo Dome. Just do it. I want to do it with Suzuki Minoru. Also, I would like to play against any wrestler who tries a new and unique style. There are many such wrestlers in Japan.
You can read Moxley’s full interview here.
- WWE Monday Night RAW Results 12/9/2019
- Erick Rowan Comments on Three of His Best Friends Leaving WWE
- Disco Inferno Has A Different Take On The Sami Zayn Fan Incident
- Watch: RAW Quickly Ends Due to Timing Issue, WWE Posts Footage of the Finish
- CM Punk Comments on Current State of WWE, Wrestlers Doing "Too Sweet" and Taking Photos with Triple H, More