During his appearance on WINCLY, Jordan Oliver weighed in on the belief that wrestling of today is too choreographed. Here’s what he had to say:
I don’t really understand the issue with it. This argument has been going on since Ricochet vs Ospreay and they did a double handspring backflip. This issue was, ‘Oh, this isn’t wrestling. It’s too choreographed.’ It’s the same issue people are having now with me and Blake.
Guys have been doing this for years like Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero or Jerry Lynn and RVD. This isn’t a new thing in wrestling. Maybe those spots are usually 10 seconds long and we did it for 60 seconds. I don’t understand the debate or when they say Jordan Oliver is a spot monkey. I wrestled David Starr for 40 minutes and we didn’t talk about anything in the back. I think it’s more of a misconception and people don’t understand what they’re talking about.
You can listen to the podcast below:
- WWE Monday Night RAW Results 2/17/2020
- Arena Reportedly Won’t Work with AEW Due to WWE
- Former WWE Star Says WWE Is Taking His Ideas and He’s Not Happy About It
- Shelton Benjamin Reveals New WWE Contract, Expresses Frustration
- WWE Announces Women’s Elimination Chamber to Name WrestleMania 36 Opponent for Becky Lynch