NJPW star KENTA responded to a fan online stating that he wants to face CM Punk in a matchup. The man, formerly known as Hideo Itami in WWE, recently joined the Bullet Club faction, and betrayed New Japan fan favorite Katsuyori Shibata at the G1 Climax Final. While Punk hasn’t indicated that he will be making a return to pro-wrestling, he will be appearing at Starrcast III on ALL OUT weekend.
— KENTA (@KENTAG2S) August 20, 2019
In honor of the upcoming Super J-Cup, NJPW has released a 2016 tournament match between former IWGP Junior Heavyweight champion KUSHIDA and Yoshinobu Kanemaru. You can watch in full below.
This year’s Super J-Cup takes place this weekend from Tacoma, San Francisco, and Long Beach. Competitors include: Amazing Red, Clark Connors, TJ Perkins, Robbie Eagles, El Phantasmo, Taiji Ishimori, Ryusuke Taguchi, Caristico, BUSHI, Rocky Romero, Soberano Jr, YOH, SHO, and Will Ospreay.
- Rumors on Matt Hardy Working the WWE NXT Brand In the Near Future
- WWE Confirms The Undertaker In Saudi Arabia, Photo of Taker with AJ Styles
- WWE NXT Results 2/26/2020
- AEW Dynamite Results 2/26/2020
- Photos of Bayley and Naomi Covered Up In Saudi Arabia, WWE Looks at the Tuwaiq Mountain Range and Thursday’s Gauntlet Match