Elias took to Twitter today and made his first tweet in a few weeks, which has fans speculating on if it’s related to Shane McMahon and the WWE King of the Ring tournament.
As noted, Shane replaced Elias in last night’s KOTR quarterfinals match against Chad Gable on SmackDown, and lost. Gable will now face Baron Corbin in the finals on Monday’s RAW. It was reported that Elias was pulled from the match due to a legitimate ankle injury.
“I did this for you,” Elias wrote.
The new storyline speculation from Elias’ tweet is that they may say he faked the injury to give Shane a spot in the tournament.
You can see the tweet below:
I did this for you.
— Elias (@IAmEliasWWE) September 11, 2019
- WWE SmackDown Results 1/24/2020
- Seth Rollins Explains Deleted Social Media Post After Fans Accuse Him of Supporting the KKK
- The Brian Kendrick Makes Interesting WWE History This Week
- The Fiend Signs Strap Match Contract In His Own Blood, Michelle McCool and Others Celebrating
- NWA Hard Times Results 1/24/20