Randy Orton appeared on WWE’s “After The Bell” podcast with Corey Graves this week and talked about re-signing with WWE, among other topics.
Orton recently re-signed with WWE for 5 years, but before that he had fans speculating about a possible jump to AEW due to social media posts he made. Orton told Graves he never saw himself leaving WWE, and was just having fun with fans.
Graves brought up how Orton fueled the AEW speculation on social media, and asked if there was any truth to rumors on looking for work elsewhere, or if he was just having fun. Graves mentioned how Orton’s “troll level” has been off the social media charts as of late. Orton also revealed that he’s watching a little more non-WWE wrestling these days, and is finally stepping outside of that WWE bubble.
“Yeah, I was just having fun,” Orton said of the social media posts. “I’ve been, more so now than ever, I’m more aware of other guys like Will Ospreay, and other guys that work with Cody [Rhodes], and I’m watching a little more wrestling. I’m not in the WWE bubble as much as I have been for almost the last two decades, and I’m learning to appreciate other styles a little more, instead of just quickly seeing something that isn’t how I’d do it, or isn’t how I would sell it, and I’m realizing in its own way it’s good. This might be upsetting for some people, but I never really saw myself leaving WWE.”
Orton has been with WWE since 2001.
- King Corbin and Buddy Murphy To Appear On WWE NOW, Becky Lynch Calls Out Taylor Swift For Using "The Man"
- Andrade Praises Charlotte, Bray Wyatt Calls The Usos The Best Tag Team Of The Decade
- Marty Scurll Appears At NWA Into The Fire, Next Challenger For Nick Aldis?
- NWA Into The Fire Results 12/14/19
- WWE TLC Live Coverage Reminder and Current Card for Tonight