During an interview with comicbook.com, Rusev talked about fans that continue to chant “Rusev Day”. Here’s what he had to say:
I feel like it’s real, man. I think it’s organic. After the first Rusev Day run, we did great, and all of a sudden, there was nothing for it for one reason or another. But, and then after that was done, I wanted to kill Rusev Day forever. I wanted to be done, I hate like repeating stuff, right? But at the same time, now the people have embraced it so well that, I mean, I can’t fight it.
If that’s what they want, of course I’m gonna give ’em what they want, because I care what they think,” he continued. “And I want them to be happy every time when they see me. When I leave, I want ’em to be like ‘Man, Rusev, Rusev Day.’ So yeah, we’re full on running with it. And I love seeing it, I love all the fan support, and it’s just amazing to see that something can be gone for so long. And with peoples’ love and appreciation they bring it back. And now it’s running wild, brother.
You can check out the interview HERE.
- Former WWE Diva Claims Donald Trump “Forcefully” Grabbed Her In 2009
- Rumor on a New WrestleMania 36 Women’s Match
- The British Bulldog Reportedly Going Into the WWE Hall of Fame
- Randy Orton Has a Clear Message for Matt Riddle
- Sasha Banks Polls Fans on If She Should Wrestle or Sit on Her Bus & Tweet This Week