During an interview with VOC Nation, Sonny Onoo revealed that he thinks the WWE could do a better job utilizing both Asuka and Shinsuke Nakamura. Here’s what he had to say:
One of the issues they have is (the lack) of an advocate being able to speak for them. If wrestling fans have to (guess what they are saying) then you lose the whole dynamic of what you’re trying to do. I was fortunate enough to be able to manage all of those great wrestlers like Masa Saito to Jushin Thunder Lager, Bull Nakano, Muta, Ultimo Dragon…these are great wrestlers; WCW was way ahead of their time, bringing them to the United States and giving them great exposure. That was the tip of the iceberg that started New Japan. I would encourage fans to go on the internet and look for those other (Japanese) companies to see what is out there.
Asuka is without a doubt a main eventer. There is so much more they can do with her. Nakamura as well.
You can listen to the podcast below:
Credit: VOC Nation. H/T 411Mania.
- King Corbin and Buddy Murphy To Appear On WWE NOW, Becky Lynch Calls Out Taylor Swift For Using "The Man"
- Andrade Praises Charlotte, Bray Wyatt Calls The Usos The Best Tag Team Of The Decade
- Marty Scurll Appears At NWA Into The Fire, Next Challenger For Nick Aldis?
- NWA Into The Fire Results 12/14/19
- WWE TLC Live Coverage Reminder and Current Card for Tonight