As previously reported, it is rumored that The Revival have asked the WWE for their release. Previously, it was revealed that their contracts aren’t set to expire until April of 2020 and it was unclear whether or not they’d be granted their release.
Dave Meltzer provided an update this week in “The Observer”. Rather than grant them their release, Meltzer stated that the current plan is to give them a big push. The idea would be to present them as legitimate top guys and the faces of the tag team division.
The idea behind this is to send a message to anyone that is considering making a move to AEW that the WWE is willing to listen to their concerns and act accordingly. Whether the push materializes and whether the WWE is successful at deterring wrestlers from leaving for greener pastures remains to be seen.
Credit: The Wrestling Observer
- King Corbin and Buddy Murphy To Appear On WWE NOW, Becky Lynch Calls Out Taylor Swift For Using "The Man"
- Andrade Praises Charlotte, Bray Wyatt Calls The Usos The Best Tag Team Of The Decade
- Marty Scurll Appears At NWA Into The Fire, Next Challenger For Nick Aldis?
- NWA Into The Fire Results 12/14/19
- WWE TLC Live Coverage Reminder and Current Card for Tonight