The finals of the first-ever Mae Young Classic in the summer of 2017 saw Kairi Sane defeat Shayna Baszler to win the tournament. Baszler and Sane have competed against each other in a few singles matches since then, mostly at non-televised live events, but now they will do battle again at WWE NXT “Takeover: Brooklyn IV” during SummerSlam weekend.
Tonight’s NXT TV tapings saw Sane defeat Nikki Cross and Candice LeRae in a Triple Threat to become the new #1 contender to Baszler’s NXT Women’s Title. The match should air on the July 11th WWE Network episode.
No other Takeover matches were confirmed at tonight’s tapings but it looks like NXT Champion Aleister Black may defend against Tommaso Ciampa.
“Takeover: Brooklyn IV” takes place on Saturday, August 18th from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
Top WWE Star Gets Backstage Heat, Big Plans for Bobby Lashley Revealed, Must See New Mandy Rose Bikini Pics, Possible 2018 Feud for The Undertaker, New WWE Titles Coming Soon?, Hot New Liv Morgan Gallery, Big Cass vs. Daniel Bryan Plans, More
- WWE Monday Night RAW Results 2/17/2020
- Arena Reportedly Won’t Work with AEW Due to WWE
- Former WWE Diva Claims Donald Trump “Forcefully” Grabbed Her In 2009
- Former WWE Star Says WWE Is Taking His Ideas and He’s Not Happy About It
- WWE Announces Women’s Elimination Chamber to Name WrestleMania 36 Opponent for Becky Lynch