Before Tessa Blanchard had announced her replacement for her Wrestlecade match, she was given a live microphone to discuss Sandman’s comments from earlier. She calls Sandman the “old ECW guy with a beer in his hand,” and she adds that his comment shows his lack of faith in women and the fans. She calls his opinion a “crock of horseshit” and that the women in the match were some of the best wrestlers in the world.
For those who didn’t hear, Sandman had told Jordynne Grace that women shouldn’t be in the main event and anyone with wrestling experience would agree. Grace had blasted him back over Twitter in response and other wrestlers chimed in. You can view their responses below.
Hey remember that time The Sandman came up to four women about to main event to tell us that women main eventing is “wrong” and “any male wrestler with any sort of experience would agree”?
Was this in 1998?
No, it was tonight. December 2019.
— Trisha Parker (@JordynneGrace) December 1, 2019
Most of the women wrestlers are pulling off more innovating & exciting stuff then the ever before.
Can’t tell you the amount of times I go watch a Stardom match & want to retire cos their matches are INSANE!
Let’s not interfere with progress, everyone keep killing it https://t.co/dbHTDSTZuG
— ᵂⁱˡˡ ᴼˢᵖʳᵉᵃʸ • ウィル・オスプレイ (@WillOspreay) December 1, 2019
I don’t agree! https://t.co/XfOpgsMHRB
— Chris Jericho (@IAmJericho) December 1, 2019
- WWE Monday Night RAW Results 12/9/2019
- Disco Inferno Has A Different Take On The Sami Zayn Fan Incident
- Watch: RAW Quickly Ends Due to Timing Issue, WWE Posts Footage of the Finish
- Conflicting Report About More Releases Coming, Update on Oney Lorcan and Luke Harper
- Batista on Who He's Requested To Be His WWE HOF Inductor, Triple H on Batista's Long List of Accolades, More