This week, The Doc continues his WWE Decade in Review series, highlighting 2011. Perhaps no year of the past ten has proven to be as interesting. The top end talent drop-off that defined 2010 ignited an anxiety that had been growing for a long time. Born of those feelings of angst was “The Pipe Bomb” and the rise to superstardom of CM Punk. The wider industry has never been the same.
2011 was not all about The Voice of the Voiceless, however. An amazing rivalry, incredibly underrated in the “of all-time” conversation, took place right around the same time that Punk was peaking. The WWE standard-bearer for the several years leading up to 2011 turned a new corner in his career and further elevated his status. An incredibly unique match at WrestleMania largely without peer in WWE lore contended for best of the year. It was a very memorable twelve months.
On this episode, a plethora of topics are packed into the 2011-in-review conversation, including the Wrestler of the Year, the most underrated matches and moments, and the top mid-carder. Join the discussion @TheDocLOP on Twitter and let us reminisce.
Also, Doc reveals the details and group stage results of the WWE Women’s World Cup tournament!
- WWE Confirms The Undertaker In Saudi Arabia, Photo of Taker with AJ Styles
- WWE NXT Results 2/26/2020
- WWE Reportedly Has Two Major Matches Now Booked for WrestleMania 36
- AEW Dynamite Results 2/26/2020
- Photos of Bayley and Naomi Covered Up In Saudi Arabia, WWE Looks at the Tuwaiq Mountain Range and Thursday’s Gauntlet Match