In part 2 of the Invasion series, ‘Plan and Mav run the rule over the first, and so far only Invasion pay-per-view, which was built over the course of June and July 2001 as a battle for the future of the industry, with Stephanie McMahon and Paul Heyman joining ECW to Shane McMahon’s WCW to form the Alliance.
The boys go into depth about many topics relating to one of the best pay-per-views of that year, including a star making performance from Rob Van Dam, the positioning of Kurt Angle as top babyface in waiting, the genius of Steve Austin’s character arc through 2000 and 2001, the brilliance of Paul Heyman in selling the angle, the aroma of tension palpable through the evening, and some damned fine wrestling matches. Check out Invasion on the Network, then check out this pod!
You can listen in the player below or download from iTunes!
- AEW Dynamite Results 11/13/19
- Jordan Myles Lashes Out In New Video, Says He's Quitting WWE
- WWE NXT Results 11/13/2019
- Men's Team SmackDown Finalized for WWE Survivor Series Match, Updated Card
- Rusev on Being Happy with Current Lana - Bobby Lashley Storyline, Responds to Corey Graves "Ridiculous" Comments, WWE Fans Complaining