In a new interview with Variety, WarnerMedia direct-to-consumer chief content officer and TBS/TNT/TrutTV president Kevin Reilly predicts that All Elite Wrestling will be the network’s next sleeper hit. Reilly admits launching a promotion at the “height” of WWE may seem odd, but that consumers will be surprised by the product.
All Elite Wrestling (AEW)” is going to be a sleeper. It’s very counter-intuitive to launch a new league at the height of the WWE. But I have a lot of reasons why it makes sense where the opportunity is. We’re not taking down the WWE but I think this is going to be surprising.
You can check out the full article, which includes interviews other network chief executives from FX, CBS, ABC, and many more, here.
- AEW Dynamite Results 2/19/2020
- Shayna Baszler Responds to Fan Complaint on Expletive Used During Her RAW Promo
- More Former WWE Stars Booked for WrestleMania 36 Week, Possible Reunion?
- WWE NXT Results 2/19/2020
- AEW Keeping Merchandise Out of WrestleCon, Keeping Wrestlers Off Most Shows After Cody’s “Piggybacking” on WWE Comments