In a recent interview with Talk Sport, boxing superstar Tyson Fury discussed his new autobiography “Behind the Mask,” as well as his ongoing mental health battles that have traveled with him throughout his illustrious career. Fury also mentions his stint in WWE, where the Gypsy King reveals that Vince McMahon complimented on how quickly he picked up the business. He even teases a possible return at WrestleMania.
I have been a fan of WWE all my life. I’ve been a big fan of all the big wrestlers. I am athletic enough to be able to learn quickly. Vince McMahon said he has recruited sports stars from all different sports and he has never seen anyone come into their game, have a couple of training sessions, and pick it up like that. I looked like a natural in there! It didn’t go down to well with my management, promoters, trainers, family. Everyone was saying ‘oh the Wilder fight, you are going to get injured’, but the Wilder fight may as well be a million moons away. We have left the door open. WrestleMania is coming up in April so who knows – never say never.
Check out the full interview here.
- WWE TLC PPV Results 12/15/19
- Bray Wyatt Issues Warning on The Fiend After WWE TLC, Reacts to Daniel Bryan's Return, Props for The Miz
- WWE TLC Live Coverage Reminder and Current Card for Tonight
- Card Changes to TLC’s Planned Matches
- Ryback Talks John Morrison's WWE Return, Says He Would Have Been A Good Fit In AEW, Shouldn't Go Through NXT