According to the Wrestling Observer, the expected start date for AEW television will be Wednesday October 2nd based on the recently filed trademark for Wednesday Night Dynamite. Reports are that meetings are still taking place between AEW and TNT trying to figure out potential “battle” strategies, with TNT submitting a lot of ideas. This is also the very same week that SmackDown moves to Fox (10/4).
Meanwhile, New Japan Pro Wrestling has filed to trademark the term “Death Rider,” which was the name given to Jon Moxley’s finisher (formerly Dirty Deeds) during his matches with Juice Robinson and Shota Umino. Speculation is that if NJPW gets the trademark, AEW would “in theory” not be able to use it when Moxley returns.
- WWE Monday Night RAW Results 12/9/2019
- Erick Rowan Comments on Three of His Best Friends Leaving WWE
- Disco Inferno Has A Different Take On The Sami Zayn Fan Incident
- Watch: RAW Quickly Ends Due to Timing Issue, WWE Posts Footage of the Finish
- CM Punk Comments on Current State of WWE, Wrestlers Doing "Too Sweet" and Taking Photos with Triple H, More