Thanks to Jake White for the following WWE live event results from Sunday’s show in Tampa, Florida:
The advertised card was pretty different from what took place. Byron Saxton was the host and ring announcer. Much of the upper areas were curtained off, but what was available in the Amalie Arena looked sold out.
1) The Bar def Usos & the New Day to retain. Fun match.
2) Killian Dain issued an open challenge that was accepted by Titus O’Neill, who squashed Dain in a minute. Titus has no energy and looked like he was going through the motions. Maybe he’s sick?
3) Mustafa Ali def. Andrade “Cien” Almas with a 450. Ali tried really hard. After the match, Carmella and R-Truth came out for the obligatory dance-off. Almas and Zelina weren’t having it. Carmella and Truth threw them out and danced anyway.
4) Jeff Hardy def. Samoa Joe. Ending was weird. Jeff hit the Twist of Fate and won with a running splash off the ropes. Not much to it.
5) John Cena def. The Miz. Miz worked as a super heel and controlled almost the entire match.
6) Naomi & Lana def. Sonya Deville & Mandy Rose. IIconics interfered wearing animal costumes.
7) Rusev def. Shinsuke Nakamura to retain. Rusev was way over.
8) Asuka def. Charlotte & Becky Lynch in a three-way to retain. Becky was super over.
9) Daniel Bryan def. AJ Styles to retain in a steel cage match with a low blow. Bryan ripped the crowd pretty good.
I enjoyed it. It’s much more fun at a live event, the performers are clearly getting to do things the6 can’t do on TV.
80s Wrestling Con takes place on Saturday, October 26th in Freehold, NJ at iPlay America. The event features Ted DiBiase, Sgt. Slaughter, Bob Backlund, Paul Orndorff, Demolition, Brutus Beefcake, and more! For Superstars, Attractions, and Ticket information go to 80sWrestlingCon.com.