WWE is saddened to learn that Paul Jones has passed away at the age of 76.
A fixture of the Mid-Atlantic territory throughout the 1960s and ’70s, Jones found success as both a competitor and a manager. He won the NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title on three occasions, and formed championship tag teams with the likes of Ricky Steamboat, Wahoo McDaniel and Baron von Raschke.
When his ring career ended, Jones became a villainous manager, and formed the Paul Jones’ Army, which included the likes of The Powers of Pain, Abdullah the Butcher and Jake “The Snake” Roberts.
WWE extends its condolences to Jones’ family, friends and fans.
- Former WWE Diva Claims Donald Trump “Forcefully” Grabbed Her In 2009
- Rumor on a New WrestleMania 36 Women’s Match
- The British Bulldog Reportedly Going Into the WWE Hall of Fame
- Randy Orton Has a Clear Message for Matt Riddle
- Sasha Banks Polls Fans on If She Should Wrestle or Sit on Her Bus & Tweet This Week