– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens live from the Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, Arizona. Michael Cole welcomes us. He’s joined by Corey Graves and Renee Young.
– We go right to the ring and out comes men’s Royal Rumble winner Seth Rollins to a big pop. Mike Rome does the introduction.
Fans chant “burn it down!” as Rollins hits the ring. He takes the mic and brags on the Royal Rumble win and going to WrestleMania 35 to main event. Fans chant “you deserve it!” now. Rollins promised he wouldn’t do this but he has to now – he points up at the WrestleMania 35 sign hanging high. Rollins mentions WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar and fans chant “take his belt!” now. Rollins says his WrestleMania opponent will be a very difficult decision and he will need some time to think about it. The music interrupts and out comes Triple H.
Triple H goes to speak but fans break out in a chant for WWE NXT. Triple H is glad Rollins is living his dream and he’s glad he pointed up at the sign. Triple H brings up his recent challenge for Rollins to bring himself back. Triple H knows what that dream is like because it was his dream as well. Triple H jokes about getting emotional. Triple H goes on giving Rollins props for being “the one” who won the Rumble. Fans chant “burn it down!” again. Triple H brings up Rollins’ decision on who he will burn down at WrestleMania. He says Becky Lynch, winner of the women’s Rumble, also has to make a decision and she will do that on SmackDown tomorrow. Triple H says Rollins has to make his decision tonight. Triple H says the machine moves fast so they need to know who it will be. He gives Rollins until the end of the night. Triple H says Lesnar and WWE Champion Daniel Bryan will both be here tonight. Triple H needs Rollins to tell him who’s ass he is going to kick at WrestleMania. Fans chant “slay The Beast!” now. Rollins says this will be one of the hardest decisions of his life but if it’s got to be done tonight… the music interrupts and out comes Dean Ambrose.
Ambrose hits the ring and has words with Triple H and Rollins, calling Rollins a suck-up and a kiss-ass. Ambrose hopes Rollins wins at WrestleMania and says the one person Rollins can’t beat without help is him. Ambrose wants a match with Rollins tonight. He calls Triple H “chuckles” and tells him to make the match for now. Triple H goes to leave but Ambrose stops him, asking if he has to go get permission from his father-in-law first. Triple H stops as a “yes he does!” chant starts up. Triple H calls for a referee and we’ve got the match. We go to commercial.
Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose
Back from the break and the match starts. Seth Rollins unloads on Dean Ambrose but Ambrose fights out of the corner. Rollins drops him and keeps the offense going. Ambrose goes to the floor for a breather. Rollins dropkicks Ambrose through the ropes, sending him into the barrier. Rollins follows and launches Ambrose into the barrier again.
Rollins with chops and strikes on the floor as the referee counts. Ambrose sends Rollins into the crowd but Rollins leaps off the barrier and takes Ambrose down on the floor. Rollins brings it back in and springboards but Ambrose kicks him in mid-air. Ambrose stomps away in the corner now. Rollins comes back with a kick to the jaw. Rollins cranks up for the Stomp but kicks Ambrose and misses the Stomp as he rolls out of the way to the apron. Rollins goes on and tries to powerbomb Ambrose from the apron to the floor but Ambrose fights out. Ambrose sends Rollins into the ring post and he goes down. Ambrose sends Rollins into the post again as the referee counts. Ambrose brings it back into the ring for a 2 count. Ambrose keeps Rollins grounded with a STF now.
More back and forth between the two. Ambrose drops Rollins for another pin attempt. Rollins tries for a suicide dive but Ambrose decks hi at the ropes. They bring it back in and Ambrose blocks a Slingblade and drops Rollins again as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Ambrose is trying to slam Rollins from the top. Rollins knocks him to the mat. Rollins with a crossbody from the top. They trade shots in the middle of the ring now. Rollins with a Slingblade. Ambrose goes to the outside. Rollins nails a suicide dive and sends Ambrose into the barrier. Rollins sends Ambrose back to the floor and hits another suicide dive for a pop. Rollins brings it back into the ring. Ambrose blocks the Falcon Arrow. Rollins comes right back with an enziguri to send Ambrose back to the floor for a breather. Rollins with another suicide dive.
Rollins brings it back into the ring but misses a Frogsplash as Ambrose rolls out of the way. Ambrose with a 2 count. Rollins blocks Dirty Deeds. Rollins goes on and hits the Ripcord knee. Rollins goes for a Buckle Bomb. Rollins drops Ambrose to one knee with a kick. Rollins cranks up for the Stomp as fans chant “burn it down!” now. Rollins nails it and covers for the pin to win.
Winner: Seth Rollins
– After the match, Rollins stands tall as his music hits. Rollins will make his WrestleMania 35 decision later tonight. Ambrose is visibly upset in the ring after the match.
– Still to come, Ronda Rousey issues an open challenge for the title. Also, Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin and Braun Strowman vs. Drew McIntyre.
– We see the new WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles at ringside on display. We go to commercial.
WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match: Tamina Snuka and Nia Jax vs. Alexa Bliss and Mickie James
Back from the break and Dean Ambrose is sitting in a chair in the ring. Out comes Nia Jax and Tamina Snuka as we see highlights from Jax’s appearance in the men’s Royal Rumble match. Jax faces off with Ambrose and they have words. Ambrose turns to leave but Jax nails him from behind to send him out. Referees hold Ambrose back as Jax taunts him from the ring. Ambrose gets on the apron but backs off as Jax laughs. Alexa Bliss is out next with her partner Mickie James. We get a sidebar video from earlier today with Bliss and Mickie taking shots at their opponents.
The bell rings as we see the titles on display at ringside. Snuka starts off with Bliss. They shove each other. Bliss smacks her. Snuka sends Bliss to the mat. They go at it and trade moves. Bliss kips up and goes for the standing moonsault. Bliss with a 2 count. Snuka scoops Bliss but she slides out. Jax tags in and drops Bliss in the corner, also knocking Mickie off the apron. Jax stands tall in the ring as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Snuka keeps control of Bliss. Snuka grounds Bliss and works her over in the middle of the ring. Snuka with more offense and a 2 count. Jax tags in and headbutts Bliss back down. Jax works Bliss around the ring for a few minutes and tags Snuka back in. Bliss drops Snuka out of the corner for a close 2 count. Mickie tries to rally Bliss for a hot tag now.
Bliss finally makes the tag. Mickie comes in and kicks Snuka, then flies off the top to take her back down. Mickie with right hands in the middle of the ring. Snuka shoves her down. Mickie with the hurricanrana out of the corner. Mickie keeps control and hits a neckbreaker for a 2 count. Jax tags in and sends Mickie to the corner but misses a splash. Mickie kicks Jax but Jax tosses her tot he mat. Jax scoops Mickie on her shoulders but Bliss goes to the corner. Jax gets both opponents on her shoulders now. Jax with a double Samoan Drop. Jax covers Mickie for the pin to win the Elimination Chamber spot.
Winners: Nia Jax and Tamina Snuka
– After the match, Jax and Snuka stand tall as we see the titles on display at ringside. They march to the back.
– We get video from earlier today with Dasha Fuentes talking to WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle backstage about tonight’s match with Baron Corbin. Dasha also asks about the recent match with Drew McIntyre. It took Angle a while to get over that match but it’s taken even longer to get this match with Corbin. Angle says Corbin should be worried.
Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin
We go to the ring and out first comes Baron Corbin. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle is out. Corbin takes the mic and puts Angle over. Corbin says he knows Angle believes he has one more great run in him, one more great match. Corbin says the people make Angle believe something that’s not true. He says the people don’t care about Angle and won’t be there for him when he hurts him. Corbin says he’s going to humiliate… Angle interrupts him with a big right hand. The bell rings and Angle ducks a shot, firing back with strikes. Angle with a German suplex.
Corbin nails Angle and runs out, then back in for a big clothesline. Corbin with a 2 count. Corbin puts boots to Angle now and beats him around. Corbin stands tall over Angle and plays to the crowd for boos. Corbin with an elbow and a submission in the middle of the ring. Angle fights back and moves from the corner, forcing Corbin into the turnbuckles. Angle with a trio of German suplexes for a 2 count. Angle goes for the Angle Slam but Corbin slides out and levels him with a big boot for a close 2 count.
Angle comes back and hits the Angle Slam for a close pin attempt in the middle of the ring. Angle drops the traps and applies the ankle lock now. Corbin powers out and hits Deep Six for the pin to win.
Winner: Baron Corbin
– After the match, Corbin has his arm raised as the music hits. Corbin comes back into the ring and attacks, dropping Angle with End of Days. Corbin makes his exit and says the fans are to blame for what happened to Angle. We get replays as Corbin heads to the back.
– Still to come, Seth Rollins will make his WrestleMania 35 decision. Also, Ronda Rousey puts her title on the line in an open challenge.
– We see Finn Balor backstage walking slowly. He shakes hands with Rhyno, Heath Slater, Apollo Crews. He also gets a nod from Heavy Machinery, and a hug from Sasha Banks and Bayley. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see stills from the WWE Universal Title match at the Royal Rumble.
– We go to the ring and out comes Finn Balor, who appears to be banged up from the Royal Rumble match with Brock Lesnar.
Balor talks about taking it to Lesnar and says he will make on excuses, Lesnar beat him. And then Lesnar beat him again. Balor says he never felt speed like it, power like it, certainly never saw it combined like that. Balor says today he is hurt, but he’s not out here with his head held low. He’s out here with his head held high because last night, Lesnar beat him and then beat him again, because he made Lesnar believe. The music interrupts and out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion Bobby Lashley with Lio Rush.
Rush takes the mic and says it’s a disgrace that a twerp like Balor got a title shot against Lesnar. Rush says we all know Balor almost beat Lesnar last night but Balor wouldn’t stand a chance at beating Lashley. Rush says Lashley is bigger, faster and stronger than Lesnar will ever be. Fans give the “what!?” treatment to Rush. Rush says last night’s beating is nothing compared to what Lashley would do to Balor. Balor taunts Lashley for his quick Rumble match appearance. Lashley decks Balor and chokeslams him into the mat. Lashley stands over Balor and drives him down again. Lashley drops Balor a third time. Lashley raises the title and stands tall over Balor to end the segment.
– We see a replay of when Lashley, Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler injured Braun Strowman back in November. McIntyre vs. Strowman will take place later tonight. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see what just happened to Finn Balor.
The Revival vs. Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins
We go to the ring and The Revival’s Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder are in the ring. A version of Zack Ryder’s old theme song hits and out he comes with Curt Hawkins. Cole shows us the history between Ryder and Hawkins, the former Major Brothers and Edgeheads.
Hawkins starts off with Wilder and they go at it. Hawkins takes it to the corner and Ryder tags in for the double team. Ryder drops Wilder on his face. Dawson runs in but they take him out as well. Ryder clotheslines Dawson over the top to the floor with Wilder. Ryder runs and flies out, taking The Revival down. Ryder brings Dash back in but Dash scoops him for the double team as Dawson tags in. Dawson with a 2 count on Ryder. Dawson drops headbutts on Ryder. Dawson with a back suplex. Wilder tags in for another double team for a 2 count.
Wilder keeps Ryder grounded now. Ryder counters a suplex and drops Wilder with a neckbreaker. Hawkins and Dawson tag in at the same time. They unload on each other. Hawkins with a dropkick. Wilder runs in and Hawkins dropkick him. Hawkins with an enziguri to Dawson as fans chant his name. Dawson drops Hawkins and knocks Ryder off the apron. Hawkins rolls Dawson up for a 2 count. Wilder tags in and they hit the Shatter Machine on Hawkins for the pin to win.
Winners: The Revival
– After the match, The Revival exits the ring as Ryder checks on Hawkins.
– We see WWE Champion Daniel Bryan walking with Rowan backstage. Charly Caruso stops them for comments. Charly brings up Rowan helping Bryan at the Rumble and asks Bryan if he has what it takes to beat Seth Rollins at WrestleMania. Bryan says he would’ve defeated AJ Styles last night, Rowan’s help or not. Bryan accuses Rollins of celebrating air pollution when he “burns it down” every night. Bryan says if Rollins picks him, he won’t wait until WrestleMania, he will end Rollins’ hope tonight. Rowan and Bryan walk off.
– The announcers lead us to a video package for WWE’s new partnership with UNICEF Kid Power. We see an adult representative and a few kids from UNICEF in the front row.
– Elias is in the ring with his guitar. We go right to commercial.
– Back from the break and Elias is in the ring. Fans pop for him. Elias says they need to do better and get faster with the standing ovation. Elias says they are in the presence of greatness. Fans chant “we’re not worthy!” and Elias agrees. Elias says he will no longer write songs for the fans, from now on the songs are for him.
Elias says he has a new song now. He asks everyone to shut their mouths but the music interrupts and out comes WWE Hall of Famer Jeff Jarrett with a guitar of his own. Jarrett calls Elias Slapnuts and brings up how Elias smashed him with a guitar in the Rumble match last night. Jarrett says Elias better not worry about having a problem with the fans because he’s got a problem with Double J. Jarrett spells his name out and walks down the ramp. The music hits and out comes “Road Dogg” Brian James, The Roadie. He’s wearing a Becky Lynch t-shirt.
Dogg speaks from the stage with Jarrett and says Elias should play with himself on his own time. And if you’re not down with that, we got two words for you… the crowd finishes it for him with a “suck it!” Fans chant “holy shit!” now and Dogg asks them to stop because this is a family show. Dogg calls for the music to hit so they can perform the classic “With My Baby Tonight” single. Dogg heads to the announce table so Renee can dance. Dogg and Jarrett head to the ring now, singing their song. Elias looks on from the ring. Elias leaves the ring and drops Dogg at ringside. Elias enters the ring and meets Jarrett, unloading on him. Jarrett fights back. Jarrett grabs a guitar but Elias decks him and smashes a guitar on him.
– Natalya is backstage warming up when Dana Brooke approaches her. She mentions Ember Moon being injured and her being Natalya’s first choice for a partner. Dana says she won’t let Natalya down. Natalya just wants Dana to try hard. Dana says she’s better than Ember and Natalya. Dana walks off and asks Natalya if she’s coming. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Mojo Rawley is in the back talking to someone. he says this is all their fault. If they weren’t so compromising he wouldn’t even be in this situation. Mojo puts himself over and yells. We see he’s talking to himself in the mirror now. Mojo is ready to show who he really is.
WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match: Natalya and Dana Brooke vs. Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan
We go to the ring and both teams are already out as the bell hits. Natalya starts off with Sarah Logan. Dana Brooke comes in but Logan kicks her off. Liv Morgan tags in and unload son Dana but gets sent out of the ring. Ruby Riott comes over to check on Liv after Dana drops her with a clothesline on the floor.
Dana and Logan go at it in the ring now. Logan pulls her into the turnbuckles. Logan and Liv double team Dana. Liv covers for a 2 count. Liv prevents Dana from tagging. Natalya tags in and levels Liv. She then knocks Logan off the apron. Ruby grabs Natalya’s leg from the floor, allowing Liv to roll her up from behind. Natalya drops Liv and applies the Sharpshooter. Ruby gets on the apron but Dana shoves her off. Logan shoves Dana into the Sharpshooter. This leads to Natalya getting pinned by Liv for the win.
Winners: Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan
– After the match, The Riott Squad celebrates at ringside next to the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles that are on display. Dana tries to apologize to Natalya but she walks off.
– Still to come, Ronda Rousey defends her title in an open challenge. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and the announcers tout the Royal Rumble attendance of 48,193 from Chase Field.
– We go to the ring and out comes RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey.
Fans chant for Becky Lynch as Rousey takes the mic. Rousey says if you can’t dream big, ridiculous dreams then what’s the point of dreaming at all? Fans start booing Rousey. She says she dreamed ridiculously big after the 2018 women’s Rumble and now one year later, she’s champion. Fans want Becky. Rousey says Sasha Banks gave her the fight of her life last night. She gives Banks props but fans just chant for Becky. Rousey laughs. Rousey thanks Banks and gets tripped up on her words, saying fans got her to stutter, good job. Rousey asks if everyone wants to talk about what’s next.
Rousey points at the WrestleMania 35 sign and says she knows Becky is watching and has a choice to make. Fans chant for Becky some more. Rousey goes to speak again but she’s a bit flustered it looks like. The music interrupts and out comes Bayley. Bayley speaks from the stage and says she’s not Becky but she is one half of The Boss ‘n’ Hug Connection, she is Bayley. Bayley says Rousey looks like she’s out here for a fight and so is Bayley. Bayley asks Rousey to put that title on the line right now. Rousey raises the title in the ring and it looks like we’ve got a match. Bayley’s music hits as she heads to the ring.
RAW Women’s Title Match: Bayley vs. Ronda Rousey
The bell rings and we get formal ring introductions from Rome. Rousey immediately takes Bayley down. They break and go to lock up again but Bayley works Rousey over, focusing on the arm. Bayley tosses Rousey to the floor and follows. Bayley brings Rousey back to the apron and they tangle. Rousey tries to tie Bayley’s arm up on the top rope. Rousey with the armbar on the top rope as the referee counts to 5. Rousey goes down to the floor but comes back to the apron. Bayley drops her over the second rope for a 2 count.
Rousey goes into the corner but it looks like her arm goes out and she falls on her knee bad, going back down. Bayley attacks and works her over, focusing on those limbs. Bayley with a Dragon Screw leg whip to send Rousey out to the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Bayley continue to dominate Rousey. Rousey tries for a submission but Bayley turns it around. More back and forth between the two but Rousey can’t get momentum going. Rousey with a clothesline and a takedown by the arm. Rousey focuses on the arm now, tossing Bayley to the mat again. Rousey’s leg goes out again and the referee checks on her.
Rousey backs Bayley into the corner with strikes, tossing her to the mat again. Rousey comes out of the corner with a jumping right hand for a 2 count. Rousey continues to favor her arm and leg. Rousey with knees to Bayley now. Bayley drops Rousey in a knee bar out of nowhere. Rousey rolls out and goes for the armbar. They roll around and roll to the floor under the bottom rope. Bayley with a Bayley-to-Belly suplex into the barrier. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Bayley comes off the top but has to land on her feet. Bayley drops Rousey in the corner. Bayley kicks Rousey out of the ring. Bayley with a dropkick through the ropes from the floor. Bayley brings it back into the ring for a close 2 count. Bayley goes to the top and hits the big elbow drop. Bayley applies the Banks Statement now.
Rousey moves to the bottom rope as Bayley tightens the hold. Rousey grabs the bottom rope and breaks the hold. Bayley takes Rousey to the corner and climbs up for a superplex. Rousey slides down and hits Bayley with strikes. Bayley sends her to the mat. Rousey runs up and slams Bayley from the top to the mat. Rousey applies the armbar and Bayley taps out.
Winner: Ronda Rousey
– After the match, Rousey recovers and takes the title as Bayley looks on from the corner. Rousey offers her hand to Bayley. Rousey helps Bayley to her feet. Bayley offers her hand and they shake now. The music hits and out comes Becky Lynch to a big pop. Becky limps to the ring. Bayley exits the ring as Becky takes a mic. Fans chant for Becky as Rousey stares her down. Becky says The Man is back on RAW. Becky tells Ronnie she warned her she would find a way back at her. Becky says she’s been hearing about this baddest woman on the planet for a while now. Fans boo. Becky says the last time she came to RAW, she dropped Rousey right in the ring. And even after that Rousey never came looking for Becky to prove she’s the baddest. So Becky has come looking for Ronnie to prove she’s not the baddest. Fans chant for Becky again. Becky picks Rousey for WrestleMania 35 and the crowd pops. A loud “yes!” chant breaks out. Becky says she’s going to break Rousey’s mystique, take her title and kick her ass in front of the whole world at WrestleMania. They face off as a “kick her ass!” chant starts. Rousey grabs a mic and fans boo. Rousey wants the whole world to hear this. Rousey asks how the leg is doing because she wants the best version of Becky. Rousey says everyone knows she can re-break Becky’s face faster than she can say Nia Jax. Rousey says everyone knows she has the ability to kill Becky without breaking a sweat and the only thing stopping her is the decision not to. Rousey says they are the same age and while Becky was training, Rousey was dominating a sport that didn’t even want women in the main event. Rousey goes on about how she’s been a household name for a decade. Rousey says she will own Becky at WrestleMania. She drops the mic as they face off. Rousey exits the ring and her music hits as Becky smiles.
– Still to come, Seth Rollins will pick his WrestleMania opponent. We see Rollins backstage now. Braun Strowman appears and we hear fans still chanting for Becky in the arena. Braun says Rollins earned it last night. They shake hands. Braun tells Rollins to go make the right choice and make it count at WrestleMania. Braun walks off. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see WWE Superstars granting a special wish at the Make-A-Wish HQ in Phoenix earlier today.
Braun Strowman vs. Drew McIntyre
We go to the ring for tonight’s main event and out comes Braun Strowman first. Drew McIntyre is out next.
They lock up and Braun overpowers Drew first. Braun yells out at Drew. Drew with a big shoulder but Braun just takes it and shakes his head. They trade more big shots. Drew with right hands to the face to stun Braun. Braun fires back and levels Drew. Braun sends Drew out of the ring to the floor. Braun runs around the ring and charges at Drew but Drew trips him, sending him crashing into the barrier. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Drew has a Sleeper hold applied in the middle of the ring. Braun breaks it and hits a sideslam. Braun swats Drew away to the mat with a big shot. Braun with a running splash in the corner and a big club to the chest. Braun clotheslines Drew over the top rope to the floor.
Braun follows to the floor and scoops Drew. Drew slides out and rams Braun into the ring post. Drew fights Braun off from the apron but Braun yanks him off to the floor. Braun takes apart the steel ring steps now. Braun goes to use the steps but Baron Corbin attacks from behind for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Braun Strowman
– After the bell, Corbin grabs a steel chair and beats on Braun with it. Braun punches the chair down and goes to work on Corbin now, sending him into the barrier and then the steps. Fans chant “get these hands!” now. Braun runs around the ring and knocks Drew into the barrier, breaking it. Braun keeps running and levels Corbin again as fans pop. Fans chant “one more time!” now. Braun slams Corbin’s face into the base of the steps, and again. Drew runs over and drops Braun with a Claymore kick. Drew helps Corbin up and they head to the back but stop as Braun recovers. Drew and Corbin beat on Braun now. They double chokeslam Braun on top of the base of the steps. The referee tries to get them away from Strowman. They raise their arms in the air and head to the back as the referee checks on Braun.
– We see Rowan and Daniel Bryan backstage. We also see Paul Heyman knocking on Brock Lesnar’s door. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Rome goes to introduce Seth Rollins but the music interrupts and out comes WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar with Paul Heyman.
Heyman introduces himself and Lesnar. Heyman says this should be the easiest decision of Rollins’ life. Heyman says Rollins has one option here – WWE Champion Daniel Bryan. Heyman says this is for Rollins’ own good. Heyman goes on and says the last thing Rollins wants to do is get in a fight with The Beast. The music interrupts Heyman’s rant and out comes Rollins.
Rollins get right in Lesnar’s face but Lesnar just laughs at him. Rollins attacks first and goes to work on Lesnar but Lesnar catches him mid-move, the Stomp, and drops him with a big F5. Lesnar with a second F5 in the middle of the ring. Lesnar scoops Rollins for a third F5 as Heyman and referees look on from ringside. Lesnar hits a fourth F5 in the middle of the ring.
Lesnar takes the title and lays it out in front of Rollins’ face. Lesnar drops Rollins on top of the title with another F5. Lesnar raises the title in the air to a mixed reaction. Rollins yells at Lesnar and asks if that’s all he’s got. Lesnar stops and charges with a knee. Lesnar with a sixth F5 in the middle of the ring. RAW goes off the air with Rollins dazed on the mat.