– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens live from the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas as Michael Cole welcomes us. He’s joined by Renee Young and Corey Graves. They hype tonight’s show.
Falls Count Anywhere Match: Braun Strowman vs. Bobby Lashley
We go right to the ring and out first comes Braun Strowman for tonight’s Falls Count Anywhere opener. Bobby Lashley is out next as Mike Rome does the introductions.
The bell rings and they go at it. Lashley nails an early Spear and Strowman rolls to the floor. Lashley follows but Braun drops him with a shoulder. Strowman with a senton on the floor for a 2 count. Lashley ends up countering a move and shoving Strowman into the ring post. Lashley tackles Strowman into the timekeeper’s area and covers him there for a 2 count. They brawl up through the crowd now as Lashley delivers steel chair shots. Lashley drops the chair and covers in the crowd for a 2 count.
More back and forth and pin attempts as they brawl through the crowd and to the stage. The brawl continues on the stage until Strowman sends Lashley through the larger part of the Titantron. There’s a major explosion as pyro goes off several times. It looks like lights in the backstage area have went out. The cameraman apparently drops the camera to add to the spectacle. Fans chant “this is awesome!” as we see the referee checking on Lashley and Strowman, calling for help. Lashley and Strowman are both laid out. We hear officials calling for paramedics as they show an overhead show. Another official is asking for “everything” to be powered down to prevent further damage, adding to the chaos of the segment. The overhead shot continues as both Superstars are loaded onto stretchers. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Cole plays up the seriousness of the situation as we see Braun Strowman loaded up to the ambulance. Bobby Lashley has already been driven away. Cole talks about how they will be taken to a local hospital to be evaluated. Graves talks about how there was something burning in the back from the explosion. We go to the announcers as Cole addresses the fans over how WWE tries to do everything they can to protect the Superstars, but sometimes things like this happen. They continue to play up the situation as we get replays. Cole says he hopes to have an update later.
The Viking Raiders vs. The New Day
We go to the ring and out comes The Viking Raiders, Erik and Ivar. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Xavier Woods and Big E of The New Day. Big E and Erik go at it to start the match. Big E and Woods with a double team early on. The Raiders turn it around off a double team after Ivar comes in. Ivar unloads on Big E and tags Erik back in. Big E looks to turn it around but Erik dropkicks him into the corner. The Raiders with another big double team in the corner. Erik covers for the 2 count.
Fans rally for Big E as Erik keeps him grounded. The match suddenly ends when Samoa Joe attacks Woods at ringside and puts him in the Coquina Clutch. WWE Champion Kofi Kingston runs down to make the save. This turns to The Raiders and Joe attacking Kofi together at ringside. Big E and Woods are back over to face off with the others. Officials get between the two sides as we go back to commercial.
The New Day vs. The Viking Raiders and Samoa Joe
Back from the break and the six-man is underway as Kofi Kingston goes at it with Ivar. Kofi eventually drops Ivar with a dropkick for a 2 count. Xavier Woods comes in to keep control of Ivar. Samoa Joe distracts Woods, allowing for a big kick from Ivar. Joe tags in and taunts Kofi some before going to work on Woods. Erik comes back in and keeps control of Woods. Erik keeps Woods grounded with an armbar now.
Woods fights back with chops and strikes on Erik. Erik catches him and counters a reversal, launching Woods across the ring. Ivar comes back in and hits a big slam on Woods. Joe comes back in and hits a senton on Woods for a 2 count. Kofi finally gets a hot tag and runs wild on Ivar. Erik tags in but Kofi knocks him down for a pop as well. Kofi with a Boom Drop. Joe with another cheap shot from the apron but Kofi knees him from the ring to the floor. Big E helps clean house, sending the Raiders to the floor. Ivar stops a Big E dive with a knee. Woods dropkicks Erik through the ropes.
Ivar runs the ropes and nails a dive to Woods. Kofi with Trouble In Paradise to send Ivar off the apron. Kofi comes from behind with a Coquina Clutch on Kofi in the middle of the ring. Kofi tries to break the hold but he starts fading as the referee checks on him. Kofi finally goes out and the referee calls the match.
Winners: Samoa Joe and The Viking Raiders
– After the match, Joe at first refuses to break the hold. Joe stands tall as his music hits and we go to replays as he joins The Viking Raiders on the ramp. Joe stands tall on the stage as the announcers plug his title shot at Extreme Rules.
– Still to come, Elias vs. The Miz in a 2 of 3 Falls match, plus Becky Lynch and Seth Rollins will be here.
– We get a look at how Drake Maverick recently lost the WWE 24/7 Title at his wedding. Drake is at RAW now with his wife Renee Michelle. He promises a honeymoon soon but he takes her blindfold off and she’s not happy they’re at RAW. He says it’s a quick stop but she says he’s obsessed with the title. She says it’s either her or the WWE 24/7 Title. Drake says of course he picks her because he loves her and won’t let anything get in between. They hug but Drake is distracted by R-Truth, who is standing there with the title. Truth taunts Drake and walks off.
– Still to come, an update on “The Undertaker situation” following last week’s return. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and AJ Styles is backstage with Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows. They talk about AJ getting a title shot from WWE United States Champion Ricochet. Anderson doesn’t believe AJ can beat Ricochet and puts his “hot Asian wife” on the line. Styles gives props to Ricochet and apparently takes Anderson’s bet. AJ walks off.
No Way Jose vs. Cesaro
We go to the ring and out comes No Way Jose with his conga line. We see Drake Maverick and his wife at ringside watching the show. WWE 24/7 Champion R-Truth is hiding as a member of the conga line, taunting Drake and dancing with his wife. A group of Superstars end up chasing Truth off as Cesaro attacks Jose to start the match.
Cesaro knocks Jose out of the ring and beats him down. Cesaro with a Neutralizer on the floor. The referee yells at Cesaro and the match never started. Cesaro walks off.
– Charly Caruso is backstage with WWE NXT Tag Team Champions Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins, The Street Profits. They do promos to announce their arrivals, saying they brought the swag to RAW. They sing about “wanting the smoke” with the others on RAW.
– We see Shane McMahon and Drew McIntyre backstage walking. They will address The Undertaker next. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Cole shows us a replay of the opening explosion angle. The announcers play up the seriousness of the situation and Renee reports that both Superstars are still being evaluated at a local hospital. Cole promises another update later.
– Sarah Schreiber is backstage with The Miz. Miz says he doesn’t wish what happened to Strowman and Lashley on no one, but the WWE Superstars put their bodies on the line each night. Schreiber shows us the beatdown on Miz from SmackDown last week. Miz cuts a promo on Elias ahead of their 2 of 3 Falls match tonight, and mentions The Undertaker might be here for Shane McMahon tonight.
– We go back to the ring and out comes Shane McMahon and Drew McIntyre. Cole hypes their Extreme Rules match against The Undertaker and Roman Reigns.
Shane enters the ring and has Rome give him a proper introduction. Shane mentions the Strowman/Lashley incident and reminds everyone he has other duties besides gracing everyone out here with his presence. Shane brings up Roman Reigns and last week’s show. Shane says they had the perfect set up, it was going to be the demise of Reigns. Shane shows us the footage of last week’s 2-on-1 Handicap Match beatdown on Reigns. They have a few words for Reigns and Shane says he wants to focus on The Undertaker, the one who Reigns begged to come save him from his situation. Shane says he’s looking forward to doing battle with Taker again. Shane says Taker surprised everyone on Monday but there will be no surprises at Extreme Rules because he and Drew will put The Big Dog and The Phenom in the ground. Drew says Taker is the greatest Legend in the history of WWE and has put fear in the heart of every man he’s faced, but Drew isn’t any ordinary man – he’s a hybrid of every generation and he’s not afraid of Taker. Drew says he doesn’t give a damn about Taker, to be perfectly honest. Drew says he and Shane heard a little rumor going around, that Taker would be here, and he came dressed to fight. Fans start chanting Taker’s name now. Drew says if Taker is in the building, they want him to march down the aisle or magically appear in the ring, so they can look him in his eyes and tell him he’s not afraid, and that he will see his legacy exterminated at Extreme Rules.
The lights start flickering as Shane and Drew look around. Thunder and lightning starts. Lightning hits the ring and the lights come back on. McIntyre is furious, pacing around. The lights go out again and Taker’s bells start to toll. A grand entrance for Taker begins but it looks like he’s not h ere. Taker finally appears and starts slowly walking to the ring. Shane and McIntyre look like they’re getting ready to fight but now it looks like they’re retreating. Taker stands on the ring steps as the lights come back up some. Drew and Shane stare Taker down from an area over the barrier. Fans pop for Taker as the music stops. The lights are still low and there’s now a spotlight on Shane and Drew.
Taker takes the mic as fans chant his name. Taker says Reigns never asked him for his help, that’s not who he is, but if Shane and Drew need answers to the why, let Taker explain who he is – he is and has been the reaper of wayward souls for a long time, and he’s here to collect the souls of Shane and Drew. Fans pop again. Taker says Shane had his respect, a little, for a while. Taker says Shane gave him everything he had at Hell In a Cell at WrestleMania 32, and lived to tell it, but like most mortal men, he fell to his own greed and ego. Taker says Shane may be the best in this world, but where he’s sending them to, he’ll be nothing more than another couple of lost souls suffering the torment and torture of the acrid stench of death. And that will be for all of eternity, he adds. Taker says Shane and Drew will never… rest in peace. Taker drops the mic and cuts his own throat while staring out at Taker and Drew. The bells start to toll again as Taker’s music starts back up.
– Baron Corbin is backstage with Lacey Evans, addressing Seth Rollins ahead of the “Winners Take All” match at Extreme Rules. Corbin asks if Becky Lynch is worth it to Rollins. Evans turns to Corbin and starts discussing Becky. She also accuses Rollins of having wandering eyes and says he won’t be able to keep his eyes off her tonight as she defeats Natalya. She says Rollins will see that he should never have put his faith in The Man.
– We go back to the arena for the end of Taker’s exit. he stops on the way to the back and raises his fist in the air as fans pop. We go back to commercial.
Natalya vs. Lacey Evans
Back from the break and Natalya waits in the ring as Lacey Evans makes her way out. Baron Corbin is with her.
The bell rings and they go at it. Natalya sends Evans to the floor early on. She follows but Evans levels her with a stiff shot. Evans brings it back into the ring for a 2 count. We see Becky Lynch and Seth Rollins backstage watching the match. Cole reminds us they are in a relationship, and says they will have an exclusive interview later tonight.
Evans with more offense and another two count as Corbin yells from ringside. Evans drives elbows into Natalya on the apron as the referee counts. Evans drops Natalya and launches herself from the apron over the top, dropping an elbow on Natalya for a 2 count. Evans keeps Natalya grounded in the middle of the ring now. Natalya tries to mount offense but Evans keeps control and nails a neckbreaker for another two count. Evans climbs the corner but Natalya yanks her off face-first to the mat. Natalya unloads with strikes in the corner now. Corbin distracts Natalya, allowing Evans to come from behind. Natalya counters for a 2 count.
Natalya drops Evans with a big discus clothesline. Natalya slaps Evans now. Natalya turns it around with some of her signature moves but Corbin trips her as she runs the ropes. Fans boo Corbin. Natalya turns her attention to Corbin, allowing Evans to take advantage with a Woman’s Right. Evans covers for the pin to win.
Winner: Lacey Evans
– After the match, Rollins and Becky look on from the back as Corbin and Evans celebrate the win. We go to replays.
– Ricochet is backstage with Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder. Charly Caruso interrupts and asks for a word with Ricochet. Ryder and Hawkins leave. She asks about last week’s non-title loss to Ricochet and his comments from earlier. Ricochet says facing AJ in the RAW main event was one of the biggest accomplishments of his career and next time, he knows he could probably win. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson interrupt to taunt Ricochet. Ricochet goes on about being confident in his abilities and beating AJ next time. Gallows says it’s time to put Ricochet in his place. Ricochet isn’t looking for trouble but he’s down for a match. They continue taunting and threatening him, walking off.
– We see The Miz backstage walking to the ring. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and AJ Styles is with Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson. They talk about Ricochet and AJ says he’s going to go have a talk with Ricochet. They wonder why AJ is going to talk. They go on about AJ being the one to lose his edge, wondering what happened to the AJ who would go slap Ricochet in the face and then accept the challenge. This leads to AJ stopping when he sees Ricochet backstage. They agree on the title match. AJ slaps Ricochet out of nowhere. Ricochet slaps back and they face off before AJ walks off.
2 of 3 Falls Match: The Miz vs. Elias
We go to the ring and The Miz is out. Elias waits and they go at it quickly to start.
The back and forth continues. Cole announces that the next commercial break will happen after the second fall. Miz suddenly drops Elias with a Skull Crushing Finale for the pin to get the first fall. Elias comes back in and Miz goes to work on his leg. Elias fights off a Figure Four. Miz keeps the aggressive offense going but Elias hits a Drift Away for the pin to score the second fall.
Back from the break and the bell rings to start the final fall. They go at it and Elias nails a sitdown powerbomb for a 2 count. Elias unloads in the corner now. Elias keeps control and drops Miz with an elbow in the middle of the ring. Elias with more strikes and a quick pin attempt. Elias keeps Miz grounded with a submission attempt now.
Miz fights up and out but Elias rocks him with an uppercut, and another. Miz blocks the third and nails a backslide for a 2 count. More back and forth in the corner now. Miz unloads with chops. Elias hits an inverted DDT out of nowhere for a close 2 count. Elias waits on the apron and charges but Miz moves and he nails the ring post with a knee instead. Miz brings Elias back in and applies the Figure Four in the middle of the ring. Elias taps out for the final fall.
Winner: The Miz
– After the match, Miz decks Elias before getting up as his music starts. We go to replays.
– Back from a break and Cole shows us highlights from Baron Corbin vs. WWE Universal Champion Seth Rollins at WWE Stomping Grounds. Charly Caruso is backstage with Rollins and RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch now. Rollins wishes a speedy recovery to Braun Strowman and Bobby Lashley. Charly congratulates Rollins and Becky on their Stomping Grounds wins. Caruso asks about the Extreme Rules “Winners Take All” match and if Rollins is impulsive. They joke about Rollins being impulsive. They go on about the Extreme Rules match until Maria Kanellis interrupts. She has an issue with them being called the first couple of WWE. Kanellis runs down Becky and says she may have beat Ronda Rousey, but Maria pushed an 8 pound baby out of her uterus. Maria says that deserves a title. Mike Kanellis appears and Maria says Rollins only has the title because Mike hasn’t taken it from him. They go on and Maria says how about she bring her bitch and they will face Rollins and his. The match is on and we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get another look at what happened with Braun Strowman and Bobby Lashley. Renee says Lashley is still being evaluated at the hospital but Strowman may have a ruptured spleen.
Becky Lynch and Seth Rollins vs. Mike Kanellis and Maria Kanellis
We go to the ring and out first comes WWE Universal Champion Seth Rollins. RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch is out next. They wait in the ring as the music hits and out next comes Mike Kanellis and wife Maria Kanellis.
Rollins and Mike start the match. They go back and forth before facing off. They go at it again until Maria and Becky are forced in. Maria retreats to the floor and takes the mic.
Maria says Mike promised her he could wipe the floor with Rollins but she should’ve known better because he can’t even wipe the floor at home. She runs Mike down until Becky comes out to bring her into the ring. Maria reveals she’s pregnant and everyone stops. Mike looks on shocked from the apron. He asks how this happened and Maria doesn’t know because she didn’t think he was man enough to get her pregnant. Becky takes advantage of a stunned Mike and yanks him over the top rope to the mat, applying the Disarm Her to make him tap out.
Winner: Becky Lynch and Seth Rollins
– After the match, Becky and Rollins exit as their music hits. Maria takes the mic in the ring and says she can’t believe Mike is the father to her children. She’s waited and waited for him to grow up and take some responsibility but he’s nothing but a disappointment. Maria says the only man here tonight was The Man, Becky, so maybe next time she will ask Becky to impregnate her. Mike listens while sitting down on the mat. Maria drops the mic and walks off, leaving Mike looking stunned.
– Charly Caruso is backstage and she doesn’t know what to say. Paul Heyman introduces himself as the advocate for Brock Lesnar. Heyman teases a possible cash-in by Lesnar until The Street Profits interrupt with some mic work, messing around with Heyman and somewhat taunting him. Heyman says he doesn’t have time for this because he’s a busy man. He walks off and they beg him to come back. They do some more comedy and walk off.
– Still to come, AJ vs. Ricochet for the title.
– We see Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross backstage walking. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Alexa Bliss to host “A Moment of Bliss” on the stage. She sends her thoughts to Braun Strowman and Bobby Lashley to start. She says tonight’s special guest is special because she won Bliss the title shot from SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley at Extreme Rules, plus they are best friends. The music hits and out comes Nikki Cross.
Cross comes out and Bliss shows us video from last week’s Cross vs. Bayley match on SmackDown. Cross thanks Bliss for the congratulations. Cross wants everyone to know none of this would have happened without Bliss and her guidance. She goes on about how Bliss was the first one to believe in her and she will always be grateful for that. Bliss thanks her but says this is all about giving credit to Cross, this is her moment of bliss. The music interrupts and out comes Carmella.
Carmella wonders why Bliss is getting the SmackDown Women’s Title shot instead of Cross. Bliss and Carmella have words now. Carmella says Bliss is playing Cross and taking advantage of her, and that’s not how friendship works. Bliss says Carmella is pathetic trying to break them up. Bliss says all Carmella is now is R-Truth’s sidekick. Carmella challenges Bliss to meet her in the ring. Carmella marches down the ramp. Bliss is right behind her, with Cross at her side.
Carmella vs. Alexa Bliss
Carmella and Alexa Bliss face off as the referee calls for the bell. Carmella quickly rolls Bliss up for the easy win out of nowhere.
– After the match, Bliss immediately retreats from the ring as Carmella taunts her. We go to commercial.
Carmella vs. Nikki Cross
Back from the break and the match begins. Carmella drops Nikki Cross and covers for a quick two count. More back and forth between the two now.
Cross gets sent to the floor but she pulls Carmella in the apron cover and beats on her. Cross unloads and screams out. Cross brings it back in and keeps control for a 2 count. Cross runs into an elbow and then a boot in the corner as Carmella begins mounting offense. Carmella drops Cross in the corner with a boot to the face. Carmella with a Bronco Buster for a 2 count now.
Carmella keeps control as Alexa Bliss yells from ringside. Cross makes a comeback and kicks Carmella back in the chest. Cross goes to the top but has to roll through. Cross catches a kick and nails one of her own. Cross with a swinging neckbreaker for the pin to win.
Winner: Nikki Cross
– After the match, Bliss hits the ring to celebrate with Cross, turning to taunt Carmella while she’s down.
– We see AJ Styles backstage warming up for the main event. Back to commercial.
– Sarah Schreiber approaches Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross backstage. Schreiber asks Cross how she feels now that the WWE Universe wants her to face SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley at Extreme Rules, instead of Bliss getting the title shot. An angry Bliss interrupts and says they have no comment, rushing off.
– Drake Maverick is backstage with his wife, back on good terms. She goes to get ready to leave and leaves Drake to stand by himself. Superstars chase WWE 24/7 Champion R-Truth but Drake resists. Truth stops back by and thinks Drake won’t try to pin him but Drake decks him with his luggage and calls for a referee. Drake wins the title from Truth and yells for his wife to come on because they can “do it” 24/7 now.
– We see what happened between Ricochet and AJ Styles earlier. It’s time for their title match.
WWE United States Title Match: AJ Styles vs. Ricochet
We go to the ring for tonight’s main event and out first comes AJ Styles. WWE United States Champion Ricochet is out next. We go to commercial as Ricochet poses in the corner.
Back from the break and here we go. Back and forth to start. AJ with a close pin attempt. Ricochet with a running thrust in the corner and a flying clothesline. AJ catches Ricochet flying again and covers for a 2 count. Fans do dueling chants as Styles works Ricochet against the ropes. Ricochet kicks AJ back and sends him out of the ring with a follow-up kick. Ricochet runs the ropes and dives out with a plancha, taking AJ down on the floor. Ricochet clutches his ribs and brings AJ back into the ring.
Ricochet flies in but has to roll through. AJ fights from the apron and springboards up with a Phenomenal Forearm. AJ covers for the pin to win the title but it looked like Ricochet’s foot was under the bottom rope.
Winner and New WWE United States Champion: AJ Styles
After the match, AJ is announced as the winner and he starts to celebrate with the title as his music starts. The replay shows Ricochet’s leg under the bottom rope. Another referee comes in and talks to the original referee. AJ’s music is stopped as they all talk it over. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and the match has been re-started due to the bad call. They go at it. Ricochet with a twisting enziguri before dropping AJ on his head. AJ kicks out at 2. AJ ends up launching himself to the floor with a Phenomenal Forearm, dropping Ricochet on the floor. AJ brings it back in and drops Ricochet with a Brainbuster. Ricochet still kicks out at 2.
More back and forth between the two. AJ with a Rack Bomb for another close 2 count. AJ takes Ricochet to the top and climbs up but Ricochet knocks him to the mat. Ricochet comes off the top but AJ counters. They trade counters on the mat and Ricochet gets the pin to retain his title.
– After the match, AJ looks on shocked as Ricochet takes his title and stands tall while the music hits. The music stops as AJ extends his hand for a shake in the middle of the ring. Fans cheer as they shake. We see Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson applauding from the ramp now, mocking the two. They get on the apron and AJ looks to have a few words with them. They say something about the real AJ. AJ suddenly turns and drops Ricochet with a cheap shot. AJ stomps away and unloads on Ricochet as fans boo now. Gallows and Anderson enter the ring to drop Ricochet with a Magic Killer. AJ with another right hand to Ricochet in the middle of the ring. Gallows and Anderson lift Ricochet as AJ hits a super Styles Clash from the second rope. Fans boo as The Club stands tall in the middle of the ring, touching “Too Sweet” symbols in the air. They go back to pounding on Ricochet as the boos continue. AJ puts a boot on Ricochet and they stand together as we get more replays. RAW goes off the air with The Club posing together over Ricochet as Styles declares that they are back.
- Cody Rhodes and Chris Jericho Comment On NXT Winning This Week's Ratings War
- Corey Graves On C.M. Punk Appearing On WWE Backstage
- Bruce Prichard On Why The Big Show Won The WWE Title At Survivor Series 1999
- Seth Rollins Challenges CM Punk To WrestleMania Match
- Backstage News on Jerry Lawler and Samoa Joe Working the WWE RAW Announce Team
- Seth Rollins Challenges CM Punk To WrestleMania Match
- News for Tonight's WWE SmackDown Episode - Final Survivor Series Hype, Six-Man Match, More
- Oney Lorcan Calls Out Triple H For Burying Talent On Recent Media Call
- Cody Rhodes and Chris Jericho Comment On NXT Winning This Week's Ratings War
- Jim Cornette Apologizes For Ethiopia Joke, Says It Was Not Racially Motivated