– Tonight’s WWE SmackDown opens up with a video package on what happened last week with the women’s division and the Battle Royal.
– We’re live from the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, Texas as Tom Phillips welcomes us. He’s joined by Corey Graves and Byron Saxton.
– SmackDown General Manager Paige is in the ring for a contract signing segment. We see tables, ladders and chairs all around the ring. Paige welcomes us.
Paige says SmackDown is the brand that makes history and she’s happy to bring the first-ever women’s TLC match. We also see the SmackDown Women’s Title hanging above the ring. Paige introduces Asuka first and out she comes to a pop. Charlotte Flair is introduced next.
Paige introduces “The Man” Becky Lynch next and out comes the SmackDown Women’s Champion to a pop. Becky looks up at her title hanging above the ring. Becky takes the mic and talks about how she will do whatever it takes to win at TLC, she doesn’t care if you earned your title shot or not. Flair says Becky can spin her title shot however she wants but she’s the one who picked up the ball Becky dropped and beat up RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey at Survivor Series, with a kendo stick. So imagine what she will do at TLC with tables, ladders and chairs. They go on arguing until Asuka interrupts. Asuka says Becky already beat Flair but not her. Asuka says she would have defeated Rousey and she will beat Becky at TLC. Flair taunts Asuka for how she ended her streak at WrestleMania. Asuka says Flair got lucky one time. They all argue and Paige interrupts. Becky says none of them could beat Rousey or her. Becky signs the contract and leaves as fans chant her name.
Flair says Becky can leave because she’s all talk these days anyway. Flair says she’s going to beat Becky and Asuka, again. Flair throws a “wooooo!” at Asuka. Asuka fires back in Japanese. Flair tells her to stop because she already shattered Asuka’s mystique at WrestleMania and will now finish her at TLC. Paige gets in between them and tells them to calm down. They sign the contract. Asuka wants to fight right now. Mandy Rose’s music interrupts as she comes out with Sonya Deville. They cut promos on Flair and Asuka. Deville says Asuka’s Battle Royal win was a fluke last week but she promises she won’t get caught like that again. Rose says if Paige wants to see fire and desire, she’s looking right at it. Fans give her the “what!?” treatment. Rose wonders what happens if Flair and Asuka don’t make it to TLC. Paige says they are past idle threats. She makes a tag team match for now. Flair’s music hits as they all get ready for the match. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and SmackDown Commissioner Shane McMahon is in his office with the World Cup trophy. The Miz walks in and wants to know why he’s hosting MizTV with WWE Champion Daniel Bryan tonight. Shane says because he is the host of that show. Miz goes on and wants them to become the best tag team in the world, what they were born to do. Shane is worried about Miz getting the important answers out of Bryan tonight. Miz says if he does get those answers, Shane owes him. Shane says he doesn’t owe Miz anything.
Charlotte Flair and Asuka vs. Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose
We go to the ring and Asuka starts off with Sonya Deville. They go back & forth. Deville avoids the Asuka Lock and grounds Asuka. They trade kick attempts and Asuka blocks a takedown. Asuka with an armbar now. Deville keeps control and in comes Mandy Rose for the double team. Rose with a 2 count.
Asuka fights back with strikes. Rose counters but Asuka drops her for a close 2 count. Asuka taunts and tags in Flair. Asuka holds Rose while Flair grabs her for a takedown. Flair with a kick to the back. Flair sends Rose into the corner but runs into an elbow. Flair scoops Rose but she slides out and sends Flair face-first into the middle turnbuckle. Rose talks some trash now. Flair pushes her off and hits an overhead throw. Flair kips up and kicks Deville as she runs in. Flair with an overhead throw to Deville. Rose and Deville roll to the floor to regroup. Flair launches herself over the top rope and takes out both opponents on the floor. Asuka watches from the apron as Flair points at her and then struts. Becky comes walking down the ramp and poses to a pop. Flair talks some trash as Becky looks on and fans chant her name. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Rose overpowers Asuka, dropping her for a close 2 count. We see Becky watching the match from ringside now. Rose with another 2 count. Deville tags in and they stomp away on Asuka while she’s down. Deville with more offense and another 2 count. Rose comes back in and delivers a stiff knee to the face of Asuka for a 2 count. Rose keeps control and hits a clothesline. Asuka fights out of a big slam and hits a jawbreaker.
Flair and Deville tag in at the same time. Flair unloads and knocks Rose off the apron. Flair chops away on Deville as the crowd “wooooo!’s” with her. Flair with a belly-to-back suplex and another kip up for a pop. Deville rocks Flair but Flair comes right back with a Spear. Rose runs in but Flair tosses her to the floor. Rose pulls Asuka off the apron. Rose rocks Flair from the apron but Asuka pulls her to the floor. Flair turns around and kicks Asuka off the apron with a big boot, apparently thinking the shot came from her. Deville rolls Flair up for a 2 count. Asuka comes back and drops Flair with a sliding knee. Deville takes advantage and gets the pin on Flair for the win.
Winners: Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose
– After the match, Becky looks on as Rose and Deville celebrate. Asuka throws her hands up. Becky raises the title at ringside and smiles as Flair recovers. We go to replays. Becky continues raising the title in the air, looking at her TLC opponents.
– Still to come, the WWE Champion on MizTV. Also, Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton and Cesaro vs. Jey Uso vs. Xavier Woods. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see Jon Stewart at ringside. Stewart will appear on WWE’s 16th annual Tribute to the Troops.
Xavier Woods vs. Cesaro vs. Jey Uso
We go to the ring and out first comes The New Day – Xavier Woods with Big E and Kofi Kingston. SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Bar are out next – Cesaro with Sheamus. Out last are The Usos – Jey Uso with Jimmy Uso.
The bell rings and they take turns on Cesaro, then toss him out of the ring. We see Kofi and Big E at their custom announce table. Woods and Uso go at it now while The Bar watches and talks at ringside. Woods and Cesaro trade pin attempts, then do a show of respect. Cesaro runs in and they deck him, tossing him right back out to the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Cesaro dropkicks Woods from the apron to the floor. Cesaro climbs to the top on Jey but gets sent back down. Cesaro nails Jey in mid-air with a big uppercut for a close 2 count. We see how Cesaro took apart The New Day’s announce table during the break. Uso ends up catching Woods in a big Samoan Drop now. Cesaro and Woods are down in opposite corners now as Jey hits Woods with a Rikishi splash. Cesaro rolls to the floor but Jey leaps out to take him down.
Jey goes to return to the ring but Woods stops him and brings him out to the floor with a big tornado DDT. Cesaro and Woods go at it in the ring now. Woods counters and slams Cesaro face-first on the mat for a close 2 count as Sheamus looks on. Fans rally for Woods now. Cesaro blocks the Honor Roll and rams Woods back into the corner. Jey kicks Cesaro in the head from the apron. Jey goes to the top for the big Uso splash but Cesaro gets his knees up for a 2 count. Woods comes flying off the top onto Cesaro for a 2 count as Jey breaks the pin up.
Uso and Woods trade shots in the middle of the ring now. They trade big shots and counters, launching at each other. Cesaro comes in and goes for the Cesaro Swing on Uso. Woods runs to stop it but Cesaro puts Woods on his shoulders. Cesaro does the Swing to Uso while Woods is on his shoulders. Cesaro with the Sharpshooter to Woods now in the middle of the ring. Cesaro and Jimmy look on from ringside. Jey runs in and Cesaro blocks his superkick but Jey nails an enziguri. Woods with a 2 count on Cesaro. Woods ends up getting sent to the floor as Jey drops Cesaro for the pin to win.
Winner: Jey Uso
– After the match, The New Day checks on Woods at ringside as Jimmy enters the ring to celebrate with his brother. Sheamus checks on Cesaro. The Bar raises the titles as the three teams have words ahead of their match at TLC.
– Kayla Braxton is backstage with Lana and Rusev. She shows us how Rusev vs. Shinsuke Nakamura never happened last week because Nakamura attacked Rusev before the match. Rusev says Nakamura attacked him because he’s terrified of him. Rusev brags on how in shape he is. Rusev says he’s hungry, but not for a whole chicken or yogurt or cheese, he’s hungry for his WWE United States Title, which Nakamura is holding onto like a little boy with a toy. Rusev goes on and says Nakamura won’t be able to avoid him the next time he gets his hands on him. Rusev says he will feast on Nakamura during the best holiday of them all… Rusev Day!
– Still to come, Orton vs. Hardy and MizTV. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and the announcers lead us to a “coming soon” promo for Lars Sullivan of WWE NXT, calling him the one of the hottest free agents. Tom notes that Shane and RAW Commissioner Stephanie McMahon are both trying to sign him.
– We go to the ring and The Miz is waiting as Greg Hamilton introduces him. Miz welcomes us to another must-see edition of MizTV. He’s quickly interrupted by Carmella and R-Truth.
Carmella and Truth stop on the stage and call for a dance break. The music hits and they start dancing. Truth says “as you were” and they head back to the backstage area. Miz continues and welcomes us again. Miz talks about how WWE Champion Daniel Bryan has appeared on MizTV several times over the years but tonight is special because he’s the champion. Miz tells everyone to get up out of their seats and welcome the new Daniel Bryan. The music hits and out comes the WWE Champion. We see how Bryan recently turned heel to win the title from AJ Styles.
Bryan takes a seat and Miz talks about his change in attitude. Miz says Bryan finally realized that Miz had been right all along. Bryan talks about how he wasn’t that smart before because he cared what the fans thought. Bryan no longer cares about the fans. Bryan goes on and says the fans are all sheep. He talks about the new Daniel Bryan being much more dangerous. Bryan ends up lashing out at the fans for how they destroy the environment and how they contribute to climate change every single day. Bryan says if you want to talk about sins, he kicked one man in the groin on one day but these people commit countless atrocities against the Earth and future generations every single day, month and year. Count the sins, he says. Fans boo.
Miz doesn’t want to hear it. He asks Bryan to answer one thing – did he become WWE Champion because he listened to what Miz had said. Yes or no? Fans break out in “yes!” and “no!” chants. Bryan says yes… no. Yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no… it does not matter, Bryan says. He says the only thing that matters is that the old Daniel Bryan is dead, the Yes Movement with these logos, dead. He takes his “yes!” custom title plates off the side of the belt. Bryan says Miz and everyone else can do nothing about this – here is our new WWE Champion, the new Daniel Bryan. Bryan raises the title and starts chanting “fickle!” at people again. The music interrupts and out comes AJ Styles to a pop.
Styles marches to the ring and Bryan retreats. AJ enters the ring and Miz grabs his leg but AJ kicks him off. AJ ends up chasing Bryan back in the ring but he unloads on Miz. Bryan comes from behind and attacks Styles for the double team. Miz comes from behind and drops AJ with a Skull Crushing Finale as Bryan watches from the ramp.
– Still to come, Hardy vs. Orton. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Styles vs. Miz is announced for later.
Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy
We go to the ring and out comes Jeff Hardy first. Randy Orton is out next. We get a sidebar video from earlier today with Orton taking shots at Hardy and Rey Mysterio, still in possession of Rey’s mask.
The bell rings and Hardy unloads but Orton fights him off. Orton goes for the ear again but Hardy stops him. Hardy with a jawbreaker. Hardy knocks Orton out of the ring and leads a “delete!” chant. Hardy follows to the floor and sends Orton into the steel ring post. Orton turns it around and goes to slam Hardy on top of the announce table but Hardy quickly turns it back around. Hardy works Orton over and slams him on top of the table. Hardy returns to the ring and leads another “delete!” chant while Orton rolls in pain on top of the announce table. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Orton has dominated Hardy since we went to commercial. Orton keeps Hardy grounded in the middle of the ring now. Hardy fights up and out, connecting with a kick to the gut. Orton runs into boots in the corner. Hardy goes to the top for Whisper In the Wind but Orton kicks out at 2. Hardy with a few of his signature moves for another pin attempt in the middle of the ring. Hardy calls for another “delete!” chant. Orton blocks a Twist of Fate and connects with an elbow to stun Hardy.
Hardy fights in from the apron but Orton goes for the second rope draping DDT, nailing it. Orton drops to the mat and signals for the RKO. Hardy blocks the RKO. Orton blocks the Twist of Fate. Hardy blocks the RKO. Hardy goes to the top but Orton rocks him with a right hand to the face. Orton rocks Hardy again and climbs up for a superplex. Hardy fights back and slides under Orton. Hardy sends Orton face-first into the turnbuckles. Hardy with a Twist of Fate. Fans pop and chant “delete!” as Hardy goes back to the top. Orton rolls to the floor but Hardy delivers a kick to the face through the ropes instead.
Hardy takes apart the announce table and slams Orton’s face onto it. Hardy slams Orton on top of the table. Hardy goes back in the ring and climbs to the top. Samoa Joe appears on the big screen as fans boo. Joe is at a local bar, telling Hardy he’s doing a good job, to keep it up. Joe looks to be having drinks with people at the bar. Orton returns to the ring and takes advantage of the distraction, dropping Hardy with the RKO. Orton covers for the pin to win.
Winner: Randy Orton
– After the match, Orton exits the ring as his music hits. We go to replays. Hardy stumbles to his feet as Joe appears on the big screen again. Joe is here to warn us about excess and says everything is best in moderation. He plays more mind games with Hardy while pouring a beer. Joe says the choice is clear – choose to drink responsibly. Joe sends a “cheers!” to Hardy before drinking the beer. Hardy rolls out of the ring and greets some fans at ringside on his way to the back.
– Still to come, Styles vs. Miz. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and the following is announced for next week’s show – Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair and a Rap Battle between The Bar, The Usos and The New Day.
The Miz vs. AJ Styles
We go to the ring for tonight’s main event as The Miz makes his way out. AJ Styles is out next.
The camera cuts backstage to Kayla Braxton approaching WWE Champion Daniel Bryan. Braxton asks Bryan why he’s still here after it appeared he was leaving earlier. He says the new Daniel Bryan does not run and everything he does, he does with a purpose. Bryan says he’s going to do commentary. Bryan walks off and we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Daniel Bryan is on commentary. The match starts back & forth between the two. AJ ends up leveling Miz and staring out at Bryan. Styles goes on and launches himself over the top rope from the apron, dropping an elbow on Miz for a 2 count. AJ with chops. Miz turns it around and drops Styles as Bryan rants about the environment on commentary. Bryan says Byron is a horrible human and should be ashamed of himself. Miz with a jawbreaker and a knee to the gut, and more offense. Miz keeps AJ grounded in the middle of the ring now.
Miz with a Reality Check for a close 2 count on AJ. Miz pounds on AJ while they’re both on the mat, talking some trash. Miz looks to rally from the corner with a clothesline but AJ shuts him down with a superkick. They tangle with AJ on the apron. AJ connects with a forearm but Miz knocks him down to the floor. We go to commercial with Miz recovering in the ring while AJ is down on the outside.
Back from the break and we get promos for tonight’s Mixed Match Challenge episode on Facebook Watch. We return to the ring and Bryan watches from the announce table as Miz and AJ are both getting to their feet. They trade strikes. AJ unloads with strikes and clotheslines Miz to the mat. AJ flies in and knocks Miz back on the mat. AJ with a flying clothesline in the corner. AJ drops Miz’s neck over his knee and covers for another 2 count. Miz blocks a Styles Clash and sends AJ into the corner. They trade more counters and finisher attempts. Miz drops AJ with the big DDT but he kicks out at 2. Miz shows some frustration now.
AJ avoids a kick and tosses Miz out of the ring to the floor. AJ launches himself over the top rope for a forearm smash on the floor. Fans boo as Bryan gets up and slowly approaches AJ. Bryan offers his hand for a shake but Miz comes from behind, taking advantage of the distraction and dropping AJ. Miz brings AJ back into the ring and drops him with a Skull Crushing Finale. AJ kicks out at 2. Miz and Bryan can’t believe it.
Miz works on the leg now. AJ blocks a Figure Four attempt and sends Miz shoulder-first into the turnbuckles. Bryan goes for AJ while the referee is checking on Miz. AJ decks Bryan and sends him back. This leads to AJ countering Miz and rolling him into the Calf Crusher. Miz taps out for the finish.
Winner: AJ Styles
– After the match, AJ celebrates as his music hits but Bryan enters the ring and takes his knee out. Bryan drags AJ to the corner repeatedly slams his knee into the ring post. Bryan pulls AJ out and sends him face-first into the ring post. Bryan slams AJ’s face into the announce table now, mocking him. Bryan rolls AJ back into the ring and follows him, stalking him from the corner. AJ gets up but Bryan takes his knee out from behind again with a running shot. Bryan applies his Heel Hook submission now as AJ screams in pain. The referee tries to get Bryan to break it but he won’t. More referees run down and the hold is finally broken. Bryan stands tall as fans boo. AJ looks to get up but Bryan nails a kick to the head. Bryan stomps away on AJ now. Bryan runs a victory lap around the ring as the boos continue. Bryan stomps away on AJ’s head now. Bryan leaves the ring and grabs his title. He goes over to Hamilton and bullies him into announcing him as our WWE Champion, the new Daniel Bryan. Bryan stands on the announce table and raises the title as the boos continue. Bryan takes the mic and asks the people if they don’t approve or what. Fickle. The people don’t cheer? Fickle. The people don’t love the new Daniel Bryan? Fickle. Fickle. Fickle. Bryan goes on chanting “fickle!” as AJ slowly gets up in the ring. Bryan runs back into the ring and attacks AJ some more. Bryan applies the Hook again as AJ screams out in pain, saying he gives up. SmackDown goes off the air with referees trying to get Bryan to break the hold.